If you are considering a career Public Services, whether this is within Uniformed or Non-Uniformed Public Services e.g. Armed Forces, Emergency Services, The Home Office or even NATO or United Nations. This programme will enhance your teamwork and leadership skills and set you up with the confidence and personal development to attain your goals.
This course will help you develop a range of skills including teamwork, leadership, communication, problem solving and decision making and all within a Public Service context.
There are four mandatory modules which must be studied:
· Module 1: Organisational Structures and Culture
· Module 2: Mental Health and Wellbeing
· Module 3: Equality, Diversity and Fair Treatment
· Module 4: Public Services in Contemporary Society – Research Project
Plus four optional modules are to be studied – these modules can be negotiated* with the Course Team Leader to best match skills and employment goals
*negotiated modules will depend on group size and staff specialisms
We welcome an application profile that meets one of the following:
· a BTEC Level 3 qualification in Public Services or
· a GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject or
· other related Level 3 qualifications or
· an Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved further education institution or
· related work experience as determined at interview with the Course Team Leader or
· an international equivalent of the above
· GCSE grades A* to C and/or 9 to 4 in maths and English
Successful candidates may be able to move on to the HND in Public Services (also delivered at the College) then progress to a top up degree. They also can gain employment in a wide range of public service sectors.