A qualification which predominately looks at dementia in the elderly, however dementia is not confined to this age group. This course will help raise awareness which may be useful when dealing with colleagues, customers or family members.
• Dementia Awareness
• The person centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
• Understanding the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
• Understanding equality diversity and inclusion in dementia care
• Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
• Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
• Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
This course has the following study options:
• Fully online learning and assessment
• Paper-based learning and assessment
• A combination of online and paper-based learning and assessment
Flexible start dates and study options apply to this course. Please call 01244 656489 for details.
Please call the College for more information.
Please see other part-time courses available.