This HNC aims to equip an individual with knowledge and understanding and skills for success in a range of positions in travel and tourism management. You will develop skills in leadership and management, marketing, sustainable tourism, customer service as well as carrying out a research project.
The course’s core units include The Contemporary Travel and Tourism Industry, Managing the Customer Experience, Professional Identity and Practice, The Travel and Tourism Business Toolkit, Leadership and Management for Service Industries (a Pearson-set research project). There are three further optional modules to study at HNC level.
We welcome an application profile that meets one of the following:
• a BTEC Level 3 qualification in Travel and Tourism or
• a GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject or
• other related Level 3 qualifications or
• an Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved further education institution or
• related work experience as determined at interview with the Course Team Leader or
• an international equivalent of the above
GCSE grades A* to C and/or 9 to 4 in maths and English
Successful candidates may be able to move on to the HND in International Travel & Tourism Management (also offered at Cheshire College South & West) then progress to a top up degree. They also can gain employment in a wide range of opportunities available in the travel and tourism sector.