This course is ideal for those who want to do hairdressing or beauty but do not have the entry requirements for the Level 2 programme.
• Introduction to the hair & beauty sector
• Present a professional image in the salon
• The art of dressing hair
• Follow health & safety in the salon
• Working with others in the hair & beauty sector
• Create a hair & beauty image
• Colour hair using temporary colour
• Salon reception duties
• Create and maintain retail displays in the salon
• Shampoo and conditioning
• Styling Women's hair
• Promote products and services to clients in a salon
• Hair plaiting
• Functional skills Maths & English
• Certificate in Personal and Social Development
Individual Study Programmes will be discussed at interview to meet individual needs.
Progressions to: Hair and Beauty Skills Level 2, Beauty Therapy Level 2 or Hairdressing Level 2 dependent upon the level of functional skill achieved and practical ability at this point.