If visual creativity and design skills are your forte, or you are bursting with ideas then this course has been developed especially for you.
The Certificate (year 1) and the Diploma (year 2) make up the pathway for the Higher National Diploma in Art & Design (HNC & HND). The Graphic Design and Photography pathways are vocationally focussed and provide students with the skills and knowledge relevant to industry employment within the creative sector.
The aims and learning objectives of the course are to provide a realistic balance of industry design skills and subject knowledge. This is achieved through numerous opportunities with LIVE industry briefs and competitions to extend and enrich your own practice. The course is a vibrant mix of idea generation & problem solving, graphic design, photography and art direction that extends the technical and creative disciplines of the ever expanding world of visual communication. The ethos of the course encourages a wide range of graphic and photographic screen based image making that puts learning and experimentation as the central focus.
The course structure is equally divided between Graphic Design and Photography, with an emphasis on visual communication, creativity and a multi-media approach that will allow you to develop your skills and knowledge over a wide range of specialisms in preparation for industry and freelance employment.
• An exciting, up to date curriculum offer that provides contemporary specialist knowledge and subject specific pathways for students
• A course structure that embeds employability skills and transferable skills throughout the units to enhance student career prospects and personal development
We offer TWO FREE A-Level qualifications:
• A-Level Photography (during HNC study)
• A-Level Art, Craft and Design (during HND study)
• A comprehensive support package, flexible delivery, cutting edge facilities and subject specialist lecturers
• Cost effective study with financial support available for Higher Education Learners (Student Loan)
Learners must have previously studied modules in Graphic Design, Photography or Media/Moving Image and/or work in the sector.
Five GCSE subjects including Maths and English Language at grade C or above, and a minimum of a Level 3 qualification (BTEC Diploma, A Levels, GNVQ, NVQ, OCR National or equivalent)
Students successfully completing the course gain employment within the creative industries or undertake a freelance pathway.
If you are interested or would like to discuss the course further apply now to arrange an individual interview to showcase your art portfolio.