This area of study is for anyone wishing to develop their creative skills in Art and Design to a higher level and will provide you with an exciting opportunity to develop your knowledge and individual interests within the creative arts field. This stimulating, hands-on course comprises practical workshops, lectures and gallery visits. The course will culminate in an exhibition which will give you the opportunity to showcase your work in a professional setting and provides a solid grounding in the disciplines required for effective creative practice including opportunities to work with more traditional design methods. You will later be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities in a range of techniques and skills in your chosen specialism.
Everyone studies the same four core mandatory units and then depending on your specialism you may be able to select from the optional modules available to give you a named pathway.
Pathways currently available are:
· Graphic Design
HNC Art & Design
There are four mandatory modules which must be studied:
· Module 1: Professional Development
· Module 2: Contextual Studies
· Module 3: Individual Project (Pearson-set)
· Module 4: Techniques & Processes
Plus four optional modules are to be studied – these modules can be negotiated* with the Course Team Leader to best match skills, specialisms and employment goals
*negotiated modules will depend on group size and staff specialisms
We welcome an application profile that meets one of the following:
· A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Art & Design or
· A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject or
· Other related Level 3 qualifications or
· An Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved further education institution
· A BTEC Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
· Related work experience as determined at interview with the Course Team Leader
· An international equivalent of the above
· GCSE grades A* to C and/or 9 to 4 in maths and English
Successful candidates may be able to move on to the HND in Art & Design (also delivered at the College) then progress to a top up degree. They also can gain employment in a wide range of art and design sectors.